A Content Management System (CMS) can be a valuable resource for a brand to have at its disposal when management of its website becomes a complicated prospect. However, there is a time and place to invest in one. Some brands may not have websites large or complicated enough to warrant the control that a CMS provides. How can you determine if it's the right time for your company to move forward and invest in a CMS? Here are a few signs that you're ready for a CMS.
- Your website has grown to the point where it has a large number pages and the content on these pages is frequently updated.
- Your website is growing steadily with the addition of large volumes of new content.
- Your marketing team owns the website but content changes must be requested through your IT department, which has proven to be a challenge in the past.
- Your site is very large, and its many different sections are owned by many different groups within your organization. As a result, each of these sections has its own look and feel. Rather than seeming as if it was created by several different companies, you want your website to have a unified appearance and have all of its sections share the same branding.
- Your website's administration is being handled by several people, each making changes to only parts of the site rather than the website as a whole.
If any of these scenarios apply to you, it may be time to make room in your budget for a CMS.
Connect with Scott Million