A couple of weeks ago, I spoke on media convergence and the impact it is having on our lives and how, as marketers, we reach audiences. A core theme of media convergence theory is bringing together many facets to create one unified experience for the consumer.
In a speech at Web 2.0 Expo on the future of the web, Kevin Kelly of Wired magazine, goes slightly further and outlines six different areas that are transforming the web. These six attributes definitely play key roles in moving the concept of media convergence forward.
- Delivering content across multiple screens
- Interaction with the content
- Sharing content
- Continual stream of content
- Access content any time, any place without the need to own the content
- Creating unique, engaging content