Join the Team
Interested in joining our ever-growing team? Check out our open positions.
Government Proposal Writer
Location: Louisville, KY
Employment: Full Time
LEAP Group is looking for a full-time Government Proposal Writer to join our team. Are you highly organized? Do you have outstanding attention to detail to identify and manage RFP, RFI and RFQ responses to Federal, State and Local Government units? Do you want to be a part of a growing and supportive team and have access to a competitive benefits package? If so, please read on!
ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT PROPOSAL WRITER
The Government Proposal Writer will be responsible for all aspects of governmental RFP/RFI/RFQ responses including the identification of opportunities; the writing and completion of the necessary response documents; and the submission and management of the decision-making process as it relates to LEAP Group personnel.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include:
- Focus exclusively on Federal, State, and Local government sales and proposal writing
- Develop and maintain relationships with contacts at appropriate Federal and State, Local and Education Districts (SLED) agencies.
- Identify and process requests for quotations/proposals (RFQ/P) in accordance with requirements and procedures.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to clearly articulate a winning strategy, compelling solutions, and substantiated themes.
- Develop proposal documentation (e.g., compliance matrices, proposal outlines, writing assignments, responsibility matrices, proposal related customer questions, annotated outlines, finalized proposal documents, oral presentations, lessons learned, etc.) to win the assigned bid.
- Obtain approval through required departments for RFQ/P submissions.
Please note that some travel will be required, and remote applicants are welcome.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of professional proposal writing / bid writing / RFP writing and/or similar experience.
- 5+ years of experience with governmental business development opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in federal government proposal preparation, development, and production, including experience with Federal proposals for Professional Services.
- Proven experience winning federal and/or state contracts in the last 2 years.
- Knowledge of the following acronyms: GSA, SAM, FAR, IDIQ, RFP, RFI, RFQ, MBE, DBE, WBE.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- APMP Certification is a plus.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL...
- ... enjoy taking long-form, technical writing and making it engaging, eye-catching, memorable with exceptional attention to detail.
- ... be inherently keep a steady, positive, and collaborative attitude while working with team members in-person and virtually.
- ... be competitive and driven where it matters -- company growth, winning new business and being a high-performing member of the team who excels at multitasking.
- ... have sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- ... be an outstanding communicator with impeccable spelling, grammar, and presentation skills.
When joining LEAP, you are joining a dedicated and passionate team of professionals. Employees often describe our culture as friendly, collaborative, flexible and fast-paced. Our work environment gives employees the ability to make an impact and broaden their experience and depth of knowledge in the process.
We like to show our appreciation for all that our employees do by providing exceptional benefits to help them feel good about their jobs! This includes things like:
- Remote work options
- Competitive PTO
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Individual and family medical plan options
- Employer-funded extended education opportunities
To learn more about our agencies and work, visit www.leapgroupnetwork.com
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At LEAP Group, we believe our employees are our greatest assets, and included among those employees are many bright and talented individuals. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture where the thoughts and ideas of all LEAP Group employees are valued, appreciated, and respected. We are committed to leading by example and to maintaining a fair and inclusive work environment built on mutual respect and integrity. The objective is for all employees to have the opportunity to develop and achieve leadership, innovation, and expertise.
We look forward to reviewing your application!